Me? A teacher?!

This is the blog of an aspiring English teacher, doing the PGDE at Strathclyde University. It may help keep me sane...

Friday, March 30, 2007

Alice in Jordanhell

On holiday at last!

I spent Wednesday filming for my Media APD. My group decided - for reasons which seemed to make sense at the time - to make a horror version of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. What we lacked in a plan, we made up for in enthusiasm and an impressive array of props, including some excellent masks, a story book and a four-year-old child. Having no experience of filming, directing or acting, I'm not sure that my contribution was that great, but I did provide the tea-set, tablecloth and the Queen of Hearts's dress and ended up playing the Mad Hatter. At the end of six arduous hours of filming, we had about 8 minutes of footage, and I was shattered.

All I wanted to do was crawl into bed, but I had to get on with my Unit task, which we finally got rid of yesterday. It's fair to say that we did not work together particularly well...I guess some people are not cut out for team-work. But I have ranted enough about that to anyone who would listen, so I won't repeat it here!

Today we spent all day editing our film; the Queen of Hearts herself was a real star, and displayed an enviable mastery (mistressy???) of the software. It's not quite finished yet, but it's looking very good indeed, and will no doubt make it onto YouTube in the fullness of time.

A good end to a terrible fortnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home