Me? A teacher?!

This is the blog of an aspiring English teacher, doing the PGDE at Strathclyde University. It may help keep me sane...

Saturday, March 24, 2007

I can't hear myself think!

There appears to be some sort of football match about to start just round the corner at Hampden, and my street is crawling with noisy people...do they not know I have an assignment to be doing?! Very annoying.

I was only in Uni on Thursday and Friday this week, and I could have done without it, as I couldn't concentrate for obsessing about my looming assignment that I could have been doing instead. Much time was spent roaming around Jordanhill with a fellow student in search of our Contexts tutor, who we really wanted to ask about our assignment; it would probably have been quite funny to an impartial observer, witnessing the manic way we were darting about, leaving notes for him and so on, but we weren't laughing!

Discovering that the clocks change tonight, depriving me of one more precious hour, really wasn't good. It's been a hard week, for reasons not entirely to do with the course, and I am shattered.

Anyway the football crowds seem to have thinned out so I am about to get on and see if I can edit my 5961 words down to something more manageable...conciseness never was a strength of mine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stray Gator said...

Lack of sleep is good for training teachers, it gives them an exquisite taste of what they are in for once “real fun” begins!!

Chin up!! :-)

4:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home