Me? A teacher?!

This is the blog of an aspiring English teacher, doing the PGDE at Strathclyde University. It may help keep me sane...

Monday, March 26, 2007

How rude!

1) Today's lecturer wasn't even finished speaking when some people starting packing up / chatting / generally making noise. I would like to see how they react when their pupils do the same to them!
2) The library is not the place for a social meeting! Two boys (well, grown men, really, but when you get to my age any guy under the age of thirty is a boy) sitting behind me in the library today spent the entire time chatting. I just about managed to drown them out by typing very loudly on my laptop, but they were then joined by a third student who thought it was an excellent opportunity to catch up with all the gossip. I pointedly closed my laptop and harrumphed off to the Chaplaincy, whereupon...
3) The Chaplaincy provides a peaceful, comfortable place for skint students to eat their packed lunches, and for people to leave their manky, unwashed crockery and cutlery in the sink is unforgiveable. People need to realise that their mammy / the washing fairy is not going to follow them around everywhere. It was the same at my old work, and there is no excuse!

(rant over)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home