Me? A teacher?!

This is the blog of an aspiring English teacher, doing the PGDE at Strathclyde University. It may help keep me sane...

Monday, February 26, 2007

Note to self...

...just because I was reading three books a week and doing the Herald crossword when I was 13, doesn't mean that everyone in second year has the same level of nerdishness (is that a word?). My crit was not entirely successful, as - once again - I misjudged what the class was capable of, and pitched the lesson at a level that was too high for them. I kind of thought that they would all know what an adjective / metaphor / adverb was, but apparently not, oh dear! I did show my plan to the class teacher this morning, and she thought it was fine, but I'm now thinking perhaps she was just saying that as she didn't want to throw me into a panic.

My tutor says that all I need to do is learn to pitch at the right level...you would think that would be easy, but I don't seem to be very good at it. I am now rather worried as I just have the one crit left, and the pressure is on!

On top of that, my S3 class decided to rebel and told me they didn't want to do Julius Caesar any more, and informed me they were on strike.

So all in all, today sucked!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home