Me? A teacher?!

This is the blog of an aspiring English teacher, doing the PGDE at Strathclyde University. It may help keep me sane...

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Me? A tutor?!

I have just had the inaugural meeting with my new tutee (well, if it's not a word it should be), who has come to me for help with his Higher. Higher English is not something I know much about - I haven't taught it and the exam bears very little resemblance to the one I sat a hundred years ago - but I think I was of some assistance. He wanted help with close reading, but I feel that me getting the marking scheme off the SQA website and talking through the answers to the passage he had done is a bit cheaty. Not sure how else I can approach it though. Maybe if I can't hack it in the classroom I can stick to tutoring; one-to-one interaction, getting to work in the comfort of my own home, no discipline problems, exorbitant hourly rate...

I spent the day working on my assignment, but I don't appear to have produced very much. I am so easily distracted...curse that blasted internet! Tomorrow evening I need to finish off my section of the team task so I can meet my self-imposed deadline of Thursday. I suppose the Unit task is a useful exercise, but the timing of it sucks...tutors, what were you thinking of?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home