Me? A teacher?!

This is the blog of an aspiring English teacher, doing the PGDE at Strathclyde University. It may help keep me sane...

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Getting my priorities right


Having finished my work yesterday afternoon, I had several things to do: research to be analysing, assignment to be writing and lessons to be planned. So I naturally decided to go and play my fiddle with the BBC SSO at the BBC Play It Again event in the Fruitmarket!

When I signed up for it a while ago I wasn't sure if I would make it, because of the timing. However I am very glad indeed that I went as it was the most enjoyable Saturday afternoon I've spent in a long time. It was extremely well organised, and all the strings players had a BBC SSO buddy assigned to them for the afternoon, to guide them in the right direction and give any help needed. It all culminated in a performance, which sounded fantastic (luckily there were many other violins to drown me out!). As it only took another couple of hours today to finish my assignment, I think I made the right decision.

So this is my last week at school, and the realisation that I have four more days / sixteen more periods / a little over fourteen more hours to practise on other teachers' pupils is terrifying. After that, the next kids I teach will be my responsibility.

Scary!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home