Me? A teacher?!

This is the blog of an aspiring English teacher, doing the PGDE at Strathclyde University. It may help keep me sane...

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Drama Queen

"You need to improve your presence", they said.

"You need to remember it's all a big act", they said.

"You need to stop smiling so much", they said, more than once.

So when I saw an adult drama workshop advertised in the local paper, I signed up immediately, and went along for the first time last night. It was certainly an experience, and with all the prancing around, chanting and improvisation, it was right up there with the Glasgow Speakers' Club for biting-my-lip-trying-not-to-laugh-out-loud comedy value. However, unlike the speakers' club, I think I'll be going back to this, as I need all the help I can get. Especially with the 'stop smiling so much' thing (who amongst my former colleagues in the bank could ever have imagined that smiling at work would be something I would do to excess?!).

I am rather panicking about my APD research project; all my classmates seem to be doing straightforward questionnaires on internet use, reality TV and so on, while I am perhaps being a bit over-ambitious in my plan to analyse scenes from the two versions of Henry V. Sometimes I think my Shakespeare obsession has gone too far...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home