Me? A teacher?!

This is the blog of an aspiring English teacher, doing the PGDE at Strathclyde University. It may help keep me sane...

Friday, February 02, 2007

Friday

Well, I survived my first week intact and am still smiling.

I ended up taking five lessons this week, and although I was a bit nervous before them all, I got back into the way of it and they all went OK. I have my first crit on Wednesday and am trying to think of some dazzling ideas, but my downfall the last time was being a bit too ambitious, so maybe I'll keep it low key. I feel a bit better about my two crits since one of the other tutors - rather less discreet than my own - posted a list of all his visits on the course intranet, and I see many of his students are getting two. Also posted on the intranet today was a list of all the students on the course, with the ones who hadn't yet registered with the GTCS highlighted. I am not sure I am entirely happy about having my date of birth broadcast to all 750 of my fellow students, but on the plus side I see there are 29 English students even older than me (yes, I counted...).

I'm off out tonight to see The Peatbog Faeries at Celtic Connections. I thought I'd have to give it a miss this year, with the no money and everything, but my friend had a ticket going spare, and I have also won tickets for The Unusual Suspects tomorrow, hurrah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home